Sunday, January 29, 2006

Accident

The accident occurred around 5 to 5:30 AM. I was sleeping at the time and was awoken by a LOUD boom accompanied by the shaking of my house. I didn't know what it was so I looked out the window. It was dark and hard to see anything since there's a tree right in front of the house. I saw some movement at the street though. I went downstairs to investigate further. I didn't turn on the light at that point. Instead, I put on my shoes and went directly outside. That's when I saw the car in my house. The driver was outside her car trying to reach inside to turn it off. She was disoriented and had blood on her face.
My neighbors at that time had rushed out to see what was going on. They had already called the police at that point. The ambulance and fire department arrived on the scene in about 10 or so minutes. The police arrived about 10 minutes after that.
The driver said the door on her car could only be opened from the outside. She said she didn't properly shut the door and had rolled down the window and reached outside to the handle to open and shut the door while driving. My guess is that she was leaning against the door and when she opened the door from the outside, the door swung open. Since her arm was around the outside of the door, the door pulled her out of the car. At that point, she must have lost control of the car so she jumped out. Eventually, the car careened through my neighbors yard into my yard and finally into my house. It missed my trees and missed my car but hit my house. If it would've missed my house, the car would've probably crashed into my neighbors master bedroom.
The women who crashed into my house lives like a block away. Her house number is 17840 and my house number if 17812. She said she was on her way to work.

Maybe it's time for me to move...

(more picture are available at www.rayyeung.com/gallery)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe somebody crashed into your house. I hear about it all the time on the news. That girl must be a really bad driver. Good thing nobody got hurt.

1:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol, what a way to start off the Chinese New Year. At least u have mad carpentry skills and u got that book about doing mortar! Use those bricks for the bbq in the backyard. You gonna be on the 6'o clock news?! Tivo that sucka for us.

4:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home