Monday, October 17, 2005

Credit Report

I just checked my credit report today and all seemed to be in order. I try to check my credit report every 4 months to see if there are any unexplained activities. With the high frequency of identity thefts these days, people must be vigilant in preventing fraud.

Each person is allowed one free credit report from each of the three credit bureaus every 12 months. I check my credit report at 4 month intervals, each time checking a different credit bureau. This allows me to continually check my credit report throughout the year. To get your free credit report, go to www.ftc.gov. On the left hand side, there is a link to "Free annual credit reports". I would suggest always going to www.ftc.gov instead of searching through google or clicking on any other link you find. If the link isn't on the www.ftc.gov, there's no guarantee that it won't lead to a fraudulent website.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found out rececently that one of my credit cards actually tells me my credit score online. -Cecil

1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home