Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Hot! Hot! Hot!
The temperature here in Austin has been 100+ degrees for the past 5+ days, reaching a maximum of 108 degrees! 108 degrees is an ALL time record for the month of September. This heat can't last too much longer as we're entering into October.

Forgot to mention this in my previous post about ACL: During ACL Fest, I unexpectedly saw an old college buddy that I hadn't seen in 7 years. He was my neighbor in the dorms during my first and second year in college. He had transferred out to a different school after my second year and I hadn't heard from him since. He had flown in just for ACL fest for the weekend from Chicago. He just happened to spot and recognize me. This is a pretty freak occurrence, since he wasn't expecting me and there were 65000+ people at the festival. He said I looked exactly the same as before. After talking to him, I found out that he had switched into CS after transferring out of UIUC and is now working at Accenture doing Java programming. I would never have thought he would switch into CS since he wasn't the technical type. I'm glad everything worked out well for him.

Time to start packing... Gotta fly to Chicago tomorrow...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home