Sunday, September 25, 2005

Just got back from ACL festival.
It was pretty amazing. There were tons of bands, more than I could see. Below is the list of bands I saw in chronological order:
Mates of Slate
Spoon
Blues Traveler
The Allman Brothers Band
The Black Crowes
The Frames
Death Cab for Cutie
The Walkmen
Jet
Bloc Party
Oasis
The Bravery
Jason Mraz
The Decemberists
Franz Ferdinand
Coldplay

I was really excited to see Oasis. I've been wanting to see them since the early days of college. Now that I've seen them, I can mark them off my list of to-see-bands. It was neat seeing Coldplay. I haven't heard too much of their work, except for the few radio songs. After hearing more of their songs, I think they have a similar style to U2.

I can't believe how hot it was. According to weather.com, the high temperature during the 3 days was 107 degrees. This is a record high for the month of September for Austin. I actually wish Rita would have given us some rain. Rain would've cooled the area down a little and also would have prevented the big dust bowl near the end of the festival. There was so must dust in the air, I felt like I was in a fog. Everyone was covering there nose and mouths with bandanas and t-shirts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home